Thursday, August 5, 2010

I Will Never Forget My Nude Love Scenes In Chloe – Amanda Seyfried

Committing to a role like Chloe is no easy decision, particularly for an actress who is well known for being part of comical and family-friendly films. In Chloe, Amanda Seyfried stars as the titular character, a young prostitute hired by an older woman (Julianne Moore) to tempt her husband (Liam Neeson) to reveal whether or not he has extramarital tendencies.

Nothing like Karen from Mean Girls, Sophie from Mamma Mia! , Sarah from Big Love or Needy from Jennifer’s Body, right? Well, that’s kind of the point. Seyfried is well aware of the inclination of young actresses to take on roles that are merely versions of themselves and was thrilled about the opportunity to color outside of the lines–way outside the lines.

But even while taking some risks, Seyfried certainly has her head on straight. She admits to taking her work home with her, Mamma Mia! co-star Dominic Cooper in particular, but she’s determined to follow in the footsteps of some of her iconic co-stars, like Moore and Meryl Streep, in an effort to establish herself as a capable and talented actress.

Take a look at what Seyfried had to say about being an up-and-comer in a profession overflowing with expectations, her experience working with director Atom Egoyan, and more.

How much intimidation did you have to overcome to play a role like this?

I almost didn’t want to do the movie. When we were getting close and Julianne signed on, I got really scared and I tried to think of a way that I could get out of it. Obviously I didn’t want to, but I was so intimidated I didn’t think I could actually do it. I have only really gotten by with playing versions of myself as most young actors do.

It was the best opportunity that had ever come up for me, the most complex female character and I had to do it. It was clearly the riskier choice, but it was also the better choice. And I think the risk factor came with that I might not be able to pull it off and also that the nudity might, I don’t know, create some damage with my American audience. It’s sad to say, but it’s true.

So would you rather go down in flames trying something daring like this or do Mamma Mia Part 6?

Absolutely. God, I really wanted that to happen.

What was your most memorable moment on the set of Chloe?

Well, the love scene. I’ll never forget that. [Laughs]

Read more, Interview: Chloe’s Amanda Seyfried

No comments:

Post a Comment